Being Kind to Others
There aren’t many things that feel better than treating people with kindness, you can do this in many ways that don’t have to take much effort. Here are some simple but effective ideas from Kindness UK:
· Send a kind text to someone you know. This could be a thank you, well wish or a compliment
· Say good morning to everyone when you start work and good evening when you finish
· Give someone a compliment – it can make their day, week or year
· Surprise your colleagues with a card or letter in the post
· Offer to buy a drink or some food for a stranger
“Carry out a random act of kindness, with no expectation of reward, safe in the knowledge that one day someone might do the same for you.”
– Princess Diana
Being Kind to Yourself
Being Kind to others can feel really rewarding but you need to make sure that you are looking after yourself for your own mental health and wellbeing.Here are a few things you can do to ensure you are being kind to yourself:· Practice Self-Care – have a pamper, read a book or go on a mindful walk
· Give yourself time – don’t get worked up if things don’t happen when you want them to
· Give yourself a compliment every day
This is Me – Green Ribbon Campaign
· Every year, one in four people experience a mental health problem.
· This is Me is a pioneering campaign to reduce stigma and dispel myths around mental health in the workplace.
· Our goal is to improve awareness and understanding of wellbeing in order to create safer and more supportive working environments.
· The Green Ribbon campaign is a visible sign of support to #endthestigma around mental health.
· Over 600 organisations registered UK wide
· Potentially reaching over 1,000,000 employees
· Over 160 organisations sharing employee stories
· Cities lit up green in Mental Health Awareness Week
· As we continue to experience lockdown we can still raise awareness through a visible commitment to help #endthestigma around mental health, showing those experiencing mental health issues that they are not alone. We can do this virtually by:
· Creating a visible movement of support by turning LinkedIn Green and tag your city eg. #endthestigmaLeeds
· Be kind to others through Give a Green Ribbon
· Be kind to yourself through Green Ribbon activities – can make your own Green Ribbon through the origami make your own or colouring make your own
· Be kind through listening using Wellbeing in the Workplace
· Show example of kindness through This is Me Storytelling
· There are a variety of resources, including options to virtually wear a Green Ribbon which you can download here.
The #ThriveTribe will be virtually sporting their green ribbons too!