Responsibilities (key parts to the role):
-providing timely advice and assistance to EMEA Capital Markets business, risk and compliance partners, and to EMEA Treasury function in respect of its securities trading activities.
-providing legal advice and assistance on new legislation and regulation, new markets, new products and product development.
-negotiating documents to ensure compliance with all policies and procedures promulgated by the Legal Department.
- attendance at business acceptance committees.
- considering proposed amendments to existing service terms, deal documents/structures and informal/formal knowledge-sharing within the EMEA Legal department.
-building relationships with all Business Managers and BNYM Control Functions (Compliance, Risk, Legal) to ensure understanding with the Bank's regulatory and contractual obligations, identifying areas of improvement for documents policies and standards, and advising on the documentation for new services or markets.
-considering regulatory issues, including maintaining an understanding of existing and proposed regulatory requirements, trends and best practices for EMEA, and providing coverage for any regulatory implementation or remediation initiatives.
-maintaining understanding of US regulatory issues impacting the business through engagement US Legal department.
-supporting the instruction and management of external counsel, both in the UK and overseas (including assistance with analysis and collation of advice from such counsel.
-providing assistance with the development of formal training sessions for business colleagues on relevant topics (e.g., documentary standards/policies/market industry issues/legal issues).
The successful candidate will have at least 7 years PQE with a legal and regulatory background in institutional/wholesale banking and specifically fixed income securities trading, brokerage and capital markets-related disciplines. Custody bank related experience is potentially an advantage but not vital.
The successful candidate should also demonstrate:
• excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
• strong drafting and negotiation skills;
• good organisation skills;
• problem solving aptitude and an ability to identify practical solutions;
• flexible and adaptable working style able to handle a demanding workload and changing priorities;
• client-orientation and a willingness to cultivate good working relationships with colleagues;
• experience in appropriately balancing commercial flexibility and legal risk management; and
• strong team ethos.